WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE MY TREATMENT?
- Come prepared with any questions you may have
- Wear loose comfortable clothing
- Eat a small light meal
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid excessive physical activity
- Avoid recreational drugs or alcohol
- Bring a list of your current medications and over the counter supplements
- Bring any medical or lab reports related to your condition
- Be on time
WHAT CAN I EXPECT DURING MY TREATMENT?
- The initial visit usually lasts 1.5 hours and includes an in depth assessment of your health history and an acupuncture treatment
- Follow up treatments will last 45-60 minutes
- After the initial interview you will be asked to lie down. Acupuncture points will be selected for insertion of sterile, disposable needles. You may feel little to no sensation upon insertion of the needle
- Often during a treatment clients feel relaxed and many meditate or fall asleep
WHAT CAN I EXPECT AFTER MY TREATMENT?
- Patients feel better after a treatment or within 1-2 days
- Rest to prevent any rare side effects such as dizziness, lightheadedness, headaches, nausea, sleepiness, euphoria or bruising
- Flare up of some chronic conditions can happen, usually within the initial 12 hours post treatment. This is often a sign that previously dormant conditions are being awakened so that healing may occur
- It is recommended to rest and relax, avoid large meals, vigorous workouts and alcohol
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
During your initial consultation visit we will set up and go over a treatment plan that is customized for you based on your condition. Acute conditions may only require 1 to 2 treatments. Chronic conditions may require a series of treatments. It is recommended a minimum of 6 to 12 treatments weekly or more with an on-going reassessment of your condition. Acupuncture effects are cumulative and it may take several months or more to resolve a chronic condition.
DO YOU ACCEPT INSURANCE?
No I do not accept insurance at this time. You are responsible for payment at time of service. I take cash, check and Visa/MasterCard. If requested, I can provide you with a superbill (an itemized invoice) that you can send to your insurance for possible reimbursement.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?
When you call and schedule an appointment, time is reserved especially for you. Please contact us at least 24 hours to cancel or reschedule your appointment. We enforce a strict cancellation policy and you will be charged the full amount for your scheduled appointment time if cancellation or rescheduling is less then 24 hours.
If you are using any coupons/vouchers please note that if you do not cancel 24 hours prior to your appointment your coupon/voucher may not be honored nor refunded.